As you all know, I posted on Facebook awhile ago asking family/friends to ask me anything. One of those questions was “What’s your favorite memory and why?”
Wow. Does anyone have just ONE favorite memory? I thought and thought and thought about it and I think I can narrow it down to 10. Maybe. Let’s see:
- Our family went up to Minnesota every year for vacation. We went the last week of July & first week of August. The entire family went and some family friends. We stayed at the same resort every year and we were friends with the resort owners. When I was in Jr. High my Grandpa built a house up there and sometimes some people stayed with him. My very first crush was my Grandpa’s Friend’s son, Ryan. Ryan was 10 years older than me, but that did not matter. I followed him around like a lost puppy dog for a long, long time. As I got older, I’d like to say (I hope) I got less annoying…the crush still remained. I have many, many good memories in Minnesota, but the ones that really stand out are when I rode the 4-wheeler with Ryan, when we played Jeopardy, and when hung out. These aren’t my favorite memories b/c I had a crush on him, but rather b/c he never treated me any different b/c of that. And as I got older, we would talk and joke around and some-what confide in each other…and he made me feel important. And that was a really good feeling. Especially as an awkward, nerdy teenager. The fact that a hot, really funny guy actually spent time with me, that meant a lot.
- Sabine Pass, Texas. My first station in the Coast Guard. I should do an entire blog just on that. Again, so many memories, it’s hard to pick one favorite. I think it would have to be New Year’s 2006, though. Corey and I were JUST friends, but we always joked around that we would have to make out sometime when we were drunk b/c I had never kissed a guy with a tongue ring before. Well, New Years Corey kissed me shortly after midnight (not at midnight cuz he was kissing every hot girl at the club, lol). He pecked me on the cheek and I looked at him and was like “really?!?” Then, unexpectedly, he picked me up, spun me in a circle, told me he loved me and laid one on me!! And guess what?!? He wasn’t wearing his tongue ring that night…
- Bodega Bay with Steve during A-School. It was where we went to get away from all the stress in our lives. We sat and drank on the beach and talked…got to know each other….relied on each other.
- Costa Rica.
- The first time I ever played roulette with Corey and then the first time I played with Calvin.
- My first trip to Vegas. Calvin and I shopping and feeling like Pretty Woman. Hitting on the gay guy at the pool. The foam party. Jumping off the Stratosphere.
- Omg, speaking of jumping….the 4 times I’ve skydived
- Jana and Matt’s Wedding. Dancing all night with Aaron.
- My first visit to Boston. Steve showing me what real Bostonians do. His entire family taking care of me.
- Mike and I’s first trip to Pismo. Oh that is probably tied with our trip to Lake Tahoe.
I know I didn’t elaborate on all of these. If you want to know more, please leave a comment, I’d be happy to go into more details.
It’s too hard to pick one favorite memory. I will tell you what almost all 10 of these favorite memories have in common, though…in almost all of them, someone made me feel special. Someone took an interest in me and made me feel loved. The most important things in my life are my friendships…especially the friends that have became family. And these are the memories and the things that led us to that point.